Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Upping the Ante

It is time.
                This blog is a bit of a volatile thing, prone to explosions of content followed by aeons of silence. It’s also a fair bit volatile on the quality front, with some articles being pre-planned and carefully thought out and most articles being written on the fly using the secret technique of ‘rolling my face on my keyboard and then pressing F7’.
Looking at the list of posts lets me note the fact that the number of posts per month varies from twelve to zero… consistency isn’t one of my virtues.
                So on the consistency front I make a statement:
I hereby make the promise of two weekly posts: one on Tuesday and one on Saturday, and if I fail to do so you are free to whack me with a mop.
                To counter the issues of quality inconsistency I decided to take the most obvious course of action, and that is increase my production quality. Does that make sense? I have no idea, but it is more of a promise of a minimum level of time invested into the creation of each article, so that I can’t cheat and rely solely on stream-of-consciousness keyboard rolling… and I’ll confess that many of my articles devolved into the same. So, in other words, the easiest counter to laziness is the promise of greater effort… this isn’t going to end well.
                I’ll be getting more ‘hands-on’ with my articles and, unexpectedly, that’s a terrible pun on the fact that I’ll be creating my own material to accompany them – and by material I refer to things such as sketches, diagrams, flowcharts (I love them flowcharts) and comics, such as the one below.
                So, in summation, the promise of GREATER PRODUCTION QUALITY holds within it promises of greater editing (I’ll admit to never editing prior articles save for grammatical errors), a greater semblance of logic, self-made material and more… personality.
                
This promise of GREATER PRODUCTION QUALITY combines with the promise of two weekly posts to completely override my previous, highly professional, work flow regarding the writing of articles for this blog.
How I previously tackled the task of writing articles. 

                Articles-wise, content will remain the same but with some new and/or rejuvenated additions to the mix. There’s ‘I just… _____ed’ (crikey, that sounds wrong), Psychorner, Let Us Muse, The MMR Chronicles and Gameology (yes, yes, I’m not very good at naming things).

                All in all, there are promises and now I have to live up to my own promises… great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment